Social Work - Guidance
Student Population: Gretchen Everhart Students
Goals and Activities: The following services are offered to Gretchen Everhart
Students and their families:
- Individual and group counseling to students in an effort to support them to do their
best in school.
- Assistance when there are attendance problems for the students.
- As students grow older, they are encouraged to participate positively in the job
training program and to prepare themselves for employment.
- The Social Worker/Counselor coordinates student evaluations to make sure they are
receiving available vision, hearing, speech, language, physical therapy, and occupational
- The Social Worker/Counselor also works cooperatively with the staff of clusters and
group homes to encourage a healthy home and school experience for our students.
- Sometimes families are encouraged and supported to obtain in-depth services for their
child from social service agencies in the community.
Teacher/Staff: School Social Worker
Page updated: 08/12/2005